TIPS & HELPS FOR PARENTS
Ideas for Structuring Time at Home
- Daily Schedule Template (click over, then click FILE, then MAKE A COPY, then edit to fit your family)
- Giant List of Ideas for Being Home with Kids
- Let’s Keep Reading - Keep Thinking with Interactive Read Aloud
- Reading Log
- Non-Screen Activities
- List of Things to do at Home During Closures
- Structuring Your Day
Social/Emotional Well-Being Resources
- Brain Breaks
- Social-Emotional Learning at Home
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS for Parents)
- Healthy Coping Strategies and Managing Anxiety
- TEA COVID-19 Mental & Behavioral Health Resource
Online Learning Resources
- Van ISD Always Learning Resources
- CIRCLE Activity Collection Family (PreK)
- Reflex Math (2 - 6)
- Khan Academy (all grades)
- PBS Kids (K - 6)
- BrainPop (K - 8)
- Explore Learning (all grades)
- PBS Learning (all grades)
- Scholastic (all grades)
*Many of the online resources provided offer accessibility features for special populations.
CLEVER FOR SINGLE SIGN-ON
What is Clever?
Clever is an easy way for your student to access all of the learning applications they use at school. It allows them to access all of their learning applications with a single username and password.
What is single sign-on (SSO)?
Single sign-on (SSO) is the process Clever uses to log students into all of their learning applications. A student only has to sign in once (a single sign-on) to the Clever Portal, then they can click on their learning applications without signing in again!
Van ISD Student Clever Login Portal: https://clever.com/in/vanisd
Clever Help Center articles for families and students